Sunday, March 6, 2016

Splish Splash

Hey all you crafters out there... There is another challenge going on at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge.. and the challenge this time is WATER. Now you can water color or color water which ever you like  but I decided to take it literally so this is my interpretation.


I first clear embossed the square background stamp from SSS. Then I inked up two colors of blue SSS lake shore and SSS steel blue and blended them together


Then I took my raindrop stencil from SSS and mixed some texture paste with Distress ink blueprint sketch ink and mermaid lagoon to dye the paste the color I wanted. 

 

I then die cut out the umbrella to make a shaker card.  I then took glossy accents and put it over each of the rain drops to give it that realistic look. I found the sentiment at my local dollar store (love it when that happens) I inked it up on Vellum paper and clear embossed over the top of black ink to make it POP and cut out around the words


If you play along you could win a stamp set from Happy Little Stampers



hope you enJOYed


I also linked this card up to 

here is the link




4 comments:

  1. What a fun and clever card Leslee. I love the shaker umbrella and the glossy accents on the raindrops was a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those raindrops look awesome and I love that it's a shaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card - loving those raindrops! So fun creating with you at HLS this month. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Leslee, wow, wow, wow! What a fabulous shaker card! I am longing to run my finger over all that dimension!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! I apologize for taking so long to come by and thank you. Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete