Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hello. I know it has been a while... you know life gets in the way sometimes of crafting. I wish crafting could be my life, but then who would take care of my family :D? I don't want anyone else to do it, so crafting gets put on the back burner some times. 

I used the HOPE set from http://www.papersmoochesstamps.com
since that is the only one I own, (but I hope to rectify that this Christmas, as I have a couple of sets on my Christmas list. To create my background I inked up some distress watercolor card stock from Tim Holtz. I used the smooth side and swiped my Memento dye ink London Fog for the middle Tangelo and Grape Jelly for the ends. I then took another piece of card stock and inked both ribbons in a circular pattern to create a flower, first the orange with the solid image and then the purple with the open image. I then fussy cut it out. I took the scrap and inked it up and cut the circles out to create the center.  


 I made this for a friend of mine's daughter. It is her Quinceanera this weekend and in lieu of any gifts for herself she wants the guests to bring an unwrapped toy, so she can take them to Ronald McDonald house for the burn victims. As her younger sister had to stay there a few years ago and she never forgot the kindness they showed her family and wants to pay it forward. So this is the card that is going to go with the gift. 
I hope it touches the receiver as it is intended. I made it with my heart, and I pray that it brightens their day. So for todays post I am linking my card to  http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.com



4 comments:

  1. What a creative use of the hope ribbon to create a medallion! I am sure your friend's daughter will love it! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I LOVE this to pieces!! =) GREAT Tutorial too!! THANKS so MUCH for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenges and have a Fabulous Week!! =) I hope you'll join us again!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful card Leslee, great colors and I am sure the recipient loved it! Hope you'll find some to create something again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete