Sunday, May 24, 2015

Feeling Fabulous

Happy little stampers is having a Design Team call on all three of their blog challenges.. CAS, Sketch, and Christmas. (how fabulous it must be to be on one) It is something I would love to do. I am a detail oriented type of person so I think  that means I like a set of rules to follow, but I am also artistic... so I like to be creative with those rules... think outside the box a little bit. So I am going to try out. This one is for the sketch challenge. 


For this card I embossed in clear the little sports car and then just started water coloring. I made the road by using black and then sopping it up and layering it a little thicker under the tires for the shadow effect. The sun I wanted a bold sun and the clouds I wanted to represent the best possible day to be driving around in a little convertible car, then the exhaust are actually bubbles from a fish stamp I have. But as you all know you can't really control how watercolor turns out you just have to play with it.


I then water colored another piece and cut it into a small strip to represent the yellow line that goes down the street. And inked up a little sentiment that I thought would be exactly how I would feel if I was driving that car.


FABULOUS - AMAZING - TERRIFIC - AWESOME - FANTASTIC 



 I then covered the car with glossy accents... after all who doesn't want their convertible shiny?


The reflection of the yellow and black in the white wall tires was just an added bonus of what you get when you play with water color. 





This one is for the guys. (although if you look real close in the picture... the woman is driving LOL)


Hope you enJOYed

5 comments:

  1. Great scene you have created, Leslee. What a cool car and I love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you've shined up the sports car with glossy accents - you're so right about it needing to be polished! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative Leslee!! Love your interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercolour! Thanks for playing over at AAA Card Challenge. xx Justine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So artistic and PERFECTION for the cue "For the Boys'!!!! Thanks for joining us at AAA Card challenge, so glad that you did!!!!

    ReplyDelete