Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hostess Gift

A friend of mine sent me a picture from pintrest that interested her which I found led to this link http://www.thekimsixfix.com/2013/11/o-come-let-us-adore-him-rustic.html. She asked if I would make her one. Then I found out  we were going to have a Christmas party and she was going to be the hostess with the mostest  I might add. So  I recruited my hubby to put the wood together for me which we had just laying around from our neighbor redoing his fence and kindly giving me the leftovers. That is my dog maggie in the lower right hand corner. She said she likes it so far and gave me her grunt of approval.


I googled images of silhouette wise men and camel and make my own stencil and hand made the stencil for the star. Then hubby drilled the holes and glued in the lights. I gave it to her as the hostess gift for hostessing the party. 



These are her pictures from day and night hanging above her fire place.

 THEN I WANTED ONE.

 So I decided to make my own. I had a old piece that I had done a fall theme one year that was hiding in my craft room to remake because I didn't like the pumpkin which is why I have no before pictures LOL. But I painted it Dark blue and drilled some holes and stenciled away!
 Then I got my theme going and put my nativity scene on the mantle. I just love how it turned out and  it will stay this way years to come I hope.. but with DIY projects you just never know.
What I think I love the most about it is the next line of the song is The stars are brightly shining. 
Is it ever too late or too early to post Christmas stuff?

Hope you enJOY!

1 comment: